■ 英語タイトル：Automotive Cylinder Liner Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)
■ 発行会社/調査会社：Mordor Intelligence
・競争状況（Mahle GmbH、Federal Mogul LLC、GKN China Holding Co. Ltd、...）
The automotive cylinder liner market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period.
The automotive cylinder liner market is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period. Developing nations may account for a significant percentage of internal combustion engines, while there is even spread throughout cylinder liners. Growth in eco-friendly vehicles impedes the growth of gas-driven automobiles, which inadvertently reduces the prospects of cylinder liners.
Manufacturers are expected to strive to reduce the weight of liners, by adopting to lightweight metals to get optimum material that can take engine high-temperature piston rings’ friction and being leak proof is a major challenge. Aluminum cylinder liners are likely to be a frontrunner, in terms of growth. This is because the prices of aluminum are constant over the past five years, and no changes are expected in the future.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the automotive cylinder liners market, due to the increase in the production and sales of vehicles. China, India, Japan, the Philippines, and Australia are turning out as potential markets for demand and supply of automobiles, owing to many automotive manufacturers establishing their manufacturing and assembly plants in these countries. This can be attributed to labor availability at low costs, raw material prices, and the growing urban population in the region.
Key Market Trends
Electric Vehicle may Hinder the Growth of the Market Studied
Electric vehicles are one of the fastest-growing modes of transport. The electric vehicle market is maturing faster, as these vehicles do not cause pollution, thereby, making them eco-friendly. The exhaust emission from the conventional internal combustion engine has become a major contributor to environmental pollution.
Electric vehicles’ sales and production have witnessed tremendously rapid growth, due to numerous advanced technological developments. The manufacturing companies have undertaken R&D concerning the design, range, and maintenance of these vehicles.
As the demand for electric vehicles is growing worldwide, governments from all the regions are taking initiatives to accelerate the shift of their nation’s vehicle fleet from combustion to electric drive. Thus, this has led to rapid growth in the sales of electric vehicles. For instance;
- In 2018, the federal and state regulators undertook some actions in this regard, including Evolve NY (an electric vehicle expansion initiative in New York), funding opportunities for advanced electric vehicle projects by the United States Department of Energy, and rebate programs for EV charging stations in Ohio, the United States. Oil dependence benefits, climate change, and clean air are the most crucial factors for different governments across the world in promoting electric vehicles.
- The Government of Thailand started an initiative to make the country a hub for the production of electric vehicles (EVs), to attract foreign investments for high value-added and advanced industries and promote the use of green cars. In March 2017, the government approved investment incentives that exempt the manufacturers of electrified vehicles, including hybrids (HVs), plug-in hybrids (PHVs), and EVs, from corporate income taxes for a certain period.
- The Indian government announced that it plans to achieve a 100% Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) market in the country, by 2030.
The increasing environmental concerns from the regulating authorities and their plans to increase the number of ZEVs pose a threat to the existing internal combustion engines, and consequently, to the cylinder liners during the forecast period.
Commercial Vehicle Segment to Grow in North America and Asia-Pacific
Commercial vehicle sales have increased significantly over the past three years. In 2018, the total commercial vehicles sold, worldwide, accounted for 26.3 million units, representing a 5.06% growth in sales compared to 2017. The United States dominated the commercial vehicle market, with over 47% of shares, followed by China with 16.5%, and India with 3.8%. The increasing demand for commercial vehicles is primarily driven by the growing activities in the construction, mining, tourism, and freight and logistics sectors.
Government policies and initiatives are also expected to propel the growth of the market. For instance, the potential demand created by the “One Belt One Road” policy of China is likely to continue to drive commercial vehicles’ sales in the country.
China, India, the Philippines, and Vietnam are turning out as potential markets for demand and supply of automobiles, owing to many automobiles’ manufacturers establishing their manufacturing and assembly plants in these countries. This can be attributed to the availability of labor at low costs, raw material prices, and the growing urban population in the region.
Major manufacturers, such as TATA, Mahindra, Ashok Leyland, and Saic Motors, are launching new commercial vehicles to meet the region’s growing demand. For instance, some of the recently launched commercial vehicles are Tata winger 17-seater, Mahindra Furio, etc.
- The automotive cylinder liner market is fragmented. Some of the major players dominating the cylinder liner market are Mahle GmBH, Federal Mogul LLC, GKN China Holding Co. Ltd, Darton International Inc., and ZYNP, among others. Major manufacturers are investing heavily in the R&D of automotive cylinder liner to increase their profits and efficiency of the products.
- For instance, in June 2019, Tenneco’s Powertrain presented its all-new Megaband cylinder technology at the 2019 IAA Frankfurt. According to the company, Megaband liners provide superior robustness for high performance and durability on engines with cast aluminum cylinder blocks. The new technology is suitable for light vehicle applications of all types: gasoline, diesel, alternative fuels, and hybridized versions.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Material
5.1.1 Cast Iron
5.1.2 Stainless Steel
5.2 By Fuel Type
5.3 By Contact
5.3.1 Wet Cylinder Liners
5.3.2 Dry Cylinder Liners
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Latin America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 United Arab Emirates
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Mahle GmbH
6.2.2 Federal Mogul LLC
6.2.3 GKN China Holding Co. Ltd
6.2.4 Melling Cylinder Sleeves
6.2.5 TPR Co. Ltd
6.2.6 Westwood Cylinder Liners Ltd
6.2.7 Darton International Inc.
6.2.9 Laystall Engineering Co. Ltd
6.2.10 India Pistons Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
*** 免責事項 ***https://www.globalresearch.co.jp/disclaimer/