|■ 英語タイトル：Europe Bioplastics Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)|
|■ 発行会社/調査会社：Mordor Intelligence|
The Europe Bioplastics Market was valued at around 500 kilotons in 2020 and the market is projected to register a CAGR of over 13% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Due to the COVID-19 impact, the market has been significantly impacted in 2020. Amid the lockdown situation, the demand for flexible packaging has increased, which accounted for more than 45% of bioplastics, owing to the rise in demand for personal and healthcare products, pharmaceuticals, and packed food and beverages. However, the halt in the automotive, construction and electronics industries has reduced the demand for bioplastics for quite a long period.
- Over the short term, major factors driving the market studied are environmental factors encouraging a paradigm shift and growing demand for bioplastics in flexible packaging.
- However, the availability of cheaper alternatives is likely to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Flexible packaging application is expected to dominate the global market, in terms of volume, during the forecast period.
- Substitutes for petroleum-based plastics and government regulations on traditional plastic products are likely to act as opportunities in the future.
Key Market Trends
Flexible Packaging is Expected to Dominate the Market
- Bioplastics are used in flexible packaging, as they are not harmful to nature, and few are easily degradable as well.
- They are used in packaging films for food items, medicines, beverage bottles, packaging films, and packaging of non-food products, such as napkins and tissues, toilet paper, nappies, sanitary towels, cardboard and coat paper for food wrapping paper, and coated cardboards to make cups and plates. Moreover, they are used in flexible and loose-fill packaging.
- Moreover, polylactic acid (PLA) is used majorly in the packaging of food items, while bio-polyethylene terephthalate (PET), bio-polyethylene, and bio-polypropylene are majorly used as packaging films.
- The consumption of bioplastics is increasing in making plastic bags, as they are nature-friendly, and for organic waste collection bags, which are majorly used in hospitals, hotels and restaurants, commercial and retail outlets, and houses. Local governments of different countries have also initiated their usage.
- The usage of bioplastics is the highest in the packaging sector, which is increasing due to the growing environmental concerns across the world.
- Accordig to Mordor Intelligence Analysis, the plastic packaging market in Europe is expected to reach around USD 110 billion in 2026 registering a CAGR of over 4% during the period 2021 – 2026.
- Owing to all the aforementioned factors, the market is projected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period.
Germany to Dominate the Market
- Germany is one of the major economies in Europe and the bioplastics consumption market has increased at the fastest rate in the country.
- The German economy is the largest in Europe and the fifth-largest in the world. The country is in plans to stop the further downfall of the economy due to the COVID-19 impact by announcing availability funds (of over USD 600 billion) to ensure growth and smooth functioning in various public sectors in the near future.
- The packaging industry in Germany is among the major consumers of bioplastics in Europe, and regulations by the Government have driven the market. Germany is one of the first countries to provide certification of biodegradable plastics by DIN CERTCO.
- Germany leads the European automotive market, with 41 assembly and engine production plants that contribute to one-third of the total automobile production in Europe. Germany, which is one of the leading manufacturing bases of the automotive industry, is home to manufacturers from different segments, such as equipment manufacturers, material and component suppliers, engine producers, and whole system integrators.
- According to the OICA, the total number of automobiles produced in Germany was accounted for about 4.95 million units in 2019 and reached 3.74 million units in 2020, with a decline rate of 24.4%. The country has been witnessing this decline in automotive production over the past few years.
- The textile industry of Germany is the largest in the European region, with around 6,000 registered companies. The country is the prominent importer of textile raw material and exporter of finished textile products. The industry has grown to a gigantic stature, as it caters to around 18% of the textile market in Europe, and the technical textiles from Germany, cater to the world demands of around 45%.
- All the abovementioned factors, in turn, are projected to show significant impact on the market growth in the coming years.
The European bioplastics market is fragmented in nature. Some of the key players in the market include Braskem, Novamont SpA, NatureWorks LLC, BASF SE, and Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Environmental Factors Encouraging a Paradigm Shift
4.1.2 Growing Demand for Bioplastics in Flexible Packaging
4.2.1 Availability of Cheaper Alternatives
4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Bio-based Biodegradables
18.104.22.168 Starch Based
22.214.171.124 Polylactic Acid (PLA)
126.96.36.199 Polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA)
188.8.131.52 Polyester (PBS, PBAT, and PCL)
184.108.40.206 Other Bio-based Biodegradables
5.1.2 Bio-based Non-Biodegradables
220.127.116.11 Bio-polyethylene Terephthalate
18.104.22.168 Bio-polytrimethylene Terephthalate
22.214.171.124 Other Bio-based Non-biodegradables
5.2.1 Flexible Packaging
5.2.2 Rigid Packaging
5.2.3 Automotive and Assembly Operations
5.2.4 Agriculture and Horticulture
5.2.7 Electrical and Electronics
5.2.8 Other Applications
5.3.2 United Kingdom
5.3.7 Nordic Countries
5.3.8 Rest of Europe
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 BASF SE
6.4.7 KANEKA CORPORATION
6.4.8 Danimer Scientific
6.4.9 Mitsubishi chemical Corporation
6.4.10 Natureworks LLC
6.4.11 Maccaferri Industrial Group
6.4.13 TORAY INTERNATIONAL INC.
6.4.15 Novamont SpA
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
*** 免責事項 ***https://www.globalresearch.co.jp/disclaimer/