|■ 英語タイトル：France Packaging Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)|
|■ 発行会社/調査会社：Mordor Intelligence|
The France packaging market is expected to register a CAGR of 1.76% during the forecast period, 2021 – 2026. The French economy has one of the world’s largest GDPs. The French packaging market is among one of the largest, most attractive, and mature markets in the world, due to its size and the level of demand from domestic consumption. One of the major reasons for slow growth is that the market becoming mature, in terms of packaging solution adoption in the country.
- The moderately growing market, influenced by changing demographics and factors, such as urbanization and employment rates has a clear impact on consumer spending power and purchasing habits. Due to these changes, the need for new packaging types, such as convenience packaging, value-for-money, multi-packs, and smaller single-serve packs, is increasing. In terms of packaging material, rigid plastics and flexible packaging are leading the market.
- Additionally, the growth in the number of tourists in France is causing an increased demand for traditional French food and beverages and the extended use of multi-lingual labels for traditional French products. Hence, these factors are expected to drive market growth.
- However, wine consumption has subsequently decreased in France. Thus, this decline is expected to considerably impact the demand for glass bottles, which are used for wine packaging. Furthermore, the high rate of unemployment in France, coupled with low disposable income, is impacting consumers’ purchase decisions who look out for low-cost goods. Hence, these factors are restraining the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Flexible Packaging is Estimated to have Relatively High Market Share
- Flexible packaging is a type of packaging whose shape can be readily changed, e.g., bags and pouches. This is leading the way in packaging innovation, as it ensures food safety and extends shelf life. It also follows some of the most important trends in the packaging industry, including product protection, packaging design and performance, consumer convenience, and sustainability that positively impacts the environment, consumers, and businesses.
- Factors stimulating the market growth in the region is that it generates less waste, which in turn, significantly reduces landfill discards. Additionally, the light-weight flexible packaging results in less energy (fossil fuel) consumption in transportation and environmental pollution.
- Furthermore, innovations in technology in the packaging industry have enabled the manufacturers to use fewer natural resources. Moreover, the improvements in production processes have reduced water and energy consumption, greenhouse gas emission, and volatile organic compounds emission.
- Flexible packaging has experienced substantial growth in France. As cheap and lightweight packaging is gaining popularity in France, it is encouraging the manufacturers to use flexible packaging for different products. Hence, these factors are responsible for the market growth.
- Additionally, many companies in the region are expanding through partnerships or investments in technology. For instance, in January 2019, Koehler Paper Group partnered with Wilfried Heinzel for selling flexible packaging papers in France, Spain, and Portugal.
Plastic is Expected to be the Most Used Packaging Material
- Plastic packaging holds the largest share in the French packaging market by material type. The material’s ability to produce lightweight packages, ease of handling, ability to mold into various shapes, speedy transportation, and reduced cost help it to attain prominence.
- Similarly, the increased use of plastic packaging in the non-traditional sectors (such as wine) and other traditional sectors (such as food and beverages and healthcare) is ensuring that the growth of plastic packaging is maintained.
- However, sustainable packaging is gaining importance worldwide, and the manufacturers are becoming more focused in reducing packaging waste and reducing the carbon footprint of production and transportation.
- They are also focusing on increasing the use of recycled content in their packaging and further decreasing the packaging weight, to reduce the number of materials used to develop sustainable packaging.
- Additionally, France has an ambitious plan to recycle all its plastic packaging waste by 2025. To meet this goal, France has decided to impose tax on packaging that is not made from recycled material from 2019 onward. The country has also introduced a deposit scheme on plastic bottles.
Competitive landscape of the French packaging market is moderately fragmented, with many packaging vendors available in the country. Moreover, the competition level among these vendors is high, due to the various innovations and investments done by the companies. Companies are also undergoing acquisitions, to strengthen their product portfolios, and hence, increasing their market shares.
- May 2019 – Amcor Limited and Bemis Company Inc. announced that the regulatory clearance has been received from the US Department of Justice in relation to the combination of the two companies. A condition of this approval is the previously announced sale of certain Amcor assets located in the United States to Tekni-Plex Inc.
- Jan 2019 – DS Smith PLC, a leading international packaging business, completed the takeover of Spain’s Europac group, a leading Western Europe integrated packaging business.
- Apr 2019 – Amcor Limited launched new recyclable packaging, AmLite Ultra Recyclable. It is a unique and high-barrier flexible packaging that can reduce carbon footprint of a package by up to 64%.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Macroeconomic Factors, such as Demographic Changes and Changing Consumer Preferences
4.3.2 Increasing Tourism in the Industry
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Decreasing Consumption of Wine
4.4.2 High Unemployment Rates Leading to Low Disposable Incomes
4.4.3 Sustainable Development
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Technology Snapshot
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Material
5.1.4 Other Materials
5.2 By Packaging Type
5.2.1 Flexible Packaging
5.2.2 Rigid Plastics
5.3 By End-user Vaertcal
5.3.3 Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
5.3.4 Beauty and Personal Care
5.3.5 Other End-user Verticals
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 AR Packaging Group AB
6.1.2 DS Smith PLC
6.1.3 Smurfit Kappa Group PLC
6.1.4 Tetra Pak International SA
6.1.5 Amcor PLC
6.1.6 Ball Corporation (Rexam PLC )
6.1.7 RPC Group PLC
6.1.8 Owens Illinois Inc.
6.1.9 Ardagh Group
6.1.10 Mondi PLC
6.1.11 Ametek Inc.
6.1.12 Crown Holding Inc.
6.1.13 Constantia Flexibles GmbH
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
*** 免責事項 ***https://www.globalresearch.co.jp/disclaimer/