◆英語タイトル：Unified Communications and Collaboration Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)
The unified communications and collaboration market is expected to register a CAGR of over 27.8% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026. The Unified Communications and Collaboration market has historically revolved around individual products. In the past, companies chose individual products to meet particular needs. For example, organizations bought email servers for messaging, team rooms for teamwork, portals for organizational information sharing, and PBX and voicemail for telephony services. Now, customers are making strategic technology decisions to deploy unified communications and collaboration environments based on the capability, richness, and integration of the entire collaboration stack.
- Since its launch, Unified Communication has emerged as a cost-effective solution for organizations across various industries, such as BFSI, healthcare, and retail, among others. However, the cloud delivery of the unified communications offered by companies, like Mitel Networks Corporation and IBM, shapes the way organizations manage their communication networks.
- The growing need for easily maintained network systems that can enable effective communication across multiple end-user industries, including healthcare, retail, and manufacturing, is evident, considering the old/obsolete contact centers.
- The advent of cost-effective cloud-based solutions has seen increased adoption from healthcare providers, who are often categorized to have minimum IT budgets. With the subscription-based United Communication services in place, the healthcare contact centers establish their PBX systems and seamlessly address multiple customer requests coming in from various sites.
- Companies choose collaboration and communication products based on the future direction of the platform. Selecting the right platform helps companies reduce IT costs, reduce IT management overhead, and reduce integration challenges. Moreover, taking a holistic platform approach results in substantial benefits in end-user training, end-user adoption, and finally, business value.
- Countries like United States, United Kingdom, China, Korea, etc., can be potential markets for UC&C. For instance, healthcare spending in the United States is projected to increase by 5.5% annually, from 2017 through 2026, according to the US Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). If the spending increases at this rate, it will result in stronger competition among the healthcare providers, which creates the need to embrace new technologies to sustain.
- Remote work mandates caused by COVID-19 is creating an unprecedented opportunity for service providers to promote software-based communications as a key enabler of business continuity, as well as demonstrate the flexibility of UCaaS and cloud services in terms of capacity adjustments and services delivery (irrespective of location). This trend is expected to support market growth.
- Voxbone, one of the market pioneer in the communications industry, recently published a report highlighting the impact the virus is having on its network. According to the study, COVID-19 has pushed a massive increase in demand for cloud communications, as businesses look for ways to reduce the threats of things such as group gatherings, and the work commute.
Key Market Trends
Growing Adoption of UC &C Solutions in Retail Driving the Market’s Growth
- The retail industry has transformed dramatically over the past few years, laying new demands on stores of all sizes. Offering a wide range of products at lower costs is no longer considered a unique advantage for vendors in the retail sector.
- Retailers are heavily investing in store-level communication technologies to ensure there is a smooth flow of information. They adopt UCaaS as a way to enhance omnichannel marketing and deliver a more seamless buyer experience as they move between brick-and-mortar and e-commerce market spaces.
- The major drivers for the market growth are increasing use cases of UC&C in the retail industry. Retailers are looking to attract customers to interact with them in-store so that they keep coming back. To do this, they need to provide a convenient and frictionless in-store experience, with the added advantage of knowledgeable sales staff that can explain product offerings and the number-one preference of in-store shoppers, ahead of ambiance, which is propelling the adoption of UCaaS.
- The UK has witnessed a potential growth in the retail industry, with major players, like 8×8, a US-based company, one of the largest UCaaS providers comprising more than 1 million users, expanding significantly in the European market, after it made two acquisitions of UK-headquartered enterprises.
Europe Occupy Significant Market Share
- The UK carriers’ efforts to discontinue the integrated services digital network services are driving the carrier and customer migration to Internet protocol connectivity services. This huge shift is driving the adoption of next-generation business communication solutions, such as hosted private branch exchange (PBX) and UCaaS solutions.
- New offering launches are helping in the market growth in the region. For instance, in September 2019, Panasonic launched its first fully-integrated cloud communication platform, called UC-Line, to offer businesses across Europe a Unified Communications (UC) solution fit for the future. UC-Line combines Panasonic’s leading range of SIP phone units with voice over IP, video conferencing, and a robust suite of unified communications tools.
- The market is also witnessing partnerships, which is helping to increase the awareness of the solutions. In July 2020, Atos transferred part of its Unified Communications & Collaboration activities in Belgium, Luxembourg, Sweden, and Finland to Damovo, a leading provider of ICT managed services and solutions. The partnership enables a faster response to the growing demand for innovative UC solutions in the enterprise sector. It is part of Atos’ global ambition to grow its market share for its UCC portfolio through indirect channel partners.
- In June 2020, AVANT Communications, a master agent and leader in channel sales enablement of next-generation technology solutions, announced the expansion of their partnership as part of Zoom’s Referral Partner Program to offer Zoom’s video-first unified communications platform through AVANT’s network of Trusted Advisors in Europe.
- The European Commission has begun taking more decisive steps toward secure, encrypted communications. Staff members for the EU Commission need a secure messaging tool for unified communication to ensure greater mobility with collaboration, centralize information, and boost overall efficiency. This offers an opportunity for companies to roll out innovative products.
The unified communications and collaboration market witnessed rapid innovation, industry consolidation, and a shift toward team and workstream collaboration. In recent years, the need to have a full UC & C platform caused many vendors to consolidate because the fastest way to accomplish this was to acquire the customer base. The key players operating in the market focus on new product development strategies to strengthen their product portfolio and increase customer acquisition. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
- In April 2020 – Verizon Communications Inc. announced to acquire BlueJeans Network, an enterprise-level video conferencing and event platform. The acquisition will feed into Verizon’s immersive unified communications portfolio. Primarily BlueJeans’ meeting platform will be integrated with Verizon’s unified communications as a service business.
- In January 2020 – Comcast acquired Blueface – a Dublin, Ireland-based global technology provider and a pioneer in unified communications solutions. The acquisition adds Blueface’s proprietary and fully customizable cloud voice unified communications platform to Comcast Business’s portfolio of business-grade solutions, helping to provide businesses the ability to communicate and collaborate seamlessly and globally.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Aim of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Key Findings of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Emergence of Pay-as-you-go Model Driving the Demand over Legacy UC Solutions
4.2.2 Changing Workforce Dynamics Leading to the Emergence of New Forms of Enterprise Collaboration
4.2.3 Growing Demand from SME’s Expected to Drive Adoption
4.3 Market Challenges
4.3.1 Management and Integration Challenges Remain a Concern for Traditional UC
4.4 Key Business Models in the UC Industry
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
5.1 Evolution of UC&C
5.2 Cost Comparison of Various UC&C Offerings
5.3 Emerging Case Studies – Contextual Collaborations, Enterprise Social Networking and Other Internal Communication Tools
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Deployment Type
6.1.2 Cloud (UCaaS)
6.2 By Type (Trend, Forecast, Outlook)
6.2.1 Business VOIP/UC Solutions
6.2.2 Enterprise Collaboration
6.2.3 Contact Center Services
6.2.4 Customer Interaction Applications
6.2.5 Other Types
6.3 By End-User
6.3.4 Public Sector
6.3.5 Others (Logistics, IT & Telecom, Etc.)
6.4.1 North America
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Rest of the World (Latin America and Middle East & Africa)
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.2 Polycom Inc. (Plantronics)
7.1.3 AVAYA INC.
7.1.4 NEC Corporation
7.1.5 RINGCENTRAL INC.
7.1.6 Mitel Network Communications
7.1.7 Verizon Communications Inc.
7.1.8 AT&T Inc.
7.1.9 Shoretel Inc.
8 INVESTMENT LANDSCAPE
9 MARKET OUTLOOK
*** 免責事項 ***https://www.globalresearch.co.jp/disclaimer/